- 12/03/2016 2017 Polar Plunge Dates Set... Let's Have A Frigid Good Time!
- 08/26/2016 Dream Ride & SOWV
- 02/19/2016 2016 Basketball & Cheerleading Tournament
- 11/06/2015 Volunteers Needed for the Special Olympics West Virginia 2015 State Bowling Championships
- 08/28/2015 Welcome Dream Riders
- 08/04/2015 World Games Athletes Return Home to West Virginia
- 07/07/2015 Special Olympics WV Athletes Have A Chance to Visit with WVU Leaders and Student-Athletes
- 06/23/2015 June Jefferson Award Winner: John Stemple
- 04/17/2015 Summer Games 2015
- 04/17/2015 Summer Games 2016
- 03/13/2015 West Virginia Athlete Named Big 12 Conference Special Olympics Athlete of the Year
- 03/12/2015 Basketball Tournament 2015
- 01/27/2015 A Day at the State Capitol for Special Olympics West Virginia
- 11/07/2014 Special Olympics teaches workplace skills
- 07/31/2014 Athletes Preparing for the 2014 Fall Games in Parkersburg… Looking for Volunteers to Inspire!
- 07/28/2014 Greater Awareness Needed for Developmental (Dis)Abilities
- 07/10/2014 SOWV 2014 National Games Results
- 06/08/2014 Laidley Field hosts Special Olympics
- 06/08/2014 Special Olympics summer games all about the experience
- 12/04/2013 2014 Polar Plunge Dates Set... Let's Have Some Fun!
- 08/09/2013 Athletes Preparing for the Fall Games in Parkersburg - Looking for Volunteers to Inspire!
- 06/10/2013 Special Olympians Enjoy Camraderie, Competition
- 04/16/2013 Athletes Training for Summer Games - Volunteers Needed!
- 03/13/2013 Big 12 Conference Announces Special Olympics Athletes Of The Year
- 02/27/2013 Athletes Looking Forward to State Basketball Tournament
Special Olympics West Virginia will be conducting five Polar Plunges in 2017. Pick the one nearest you, or dare yourself to participate in all five and be among the truly elite plungers. Regardless, you will enjoy the thrill and excitement that surround each of the events.
Each participant must raise a minimum of $50 for the privilege to plunge, and the more money participants raise the more prizes they receive. The money generated from the Polar Plunges enables thousands of Special Olympics West Virginia athletes to have opportunities for year-round sports training and competition. You may download the Pledge Form and Release Form below (all participants must sign a release, and if under age 18, the release must be signed by a parent or guardian). We hope to see you at one of the following Polar Plunges where it promises to be a memorable adventure and offers you the chance to be Freezin' for a Reason!
Special Olympics West Virginia, 2016 Basketball and Cheerleading Tournament
March 19-20, Morgantown, West Virginia
Special Olympics West Virginia (SOWV) is pleased to announce the 2016 Basketball and Cheerleading Tournament will be held March 19-20 in Morgantown.
It is the commitment and enthusiasm of people just like you which gives our athletes to opportunity to compete and find joy through sports. We hope your schedule will allow you to volunteer at this fun event. If so, please indicate your desire to volunteer by completing a Volunteer Schedule and Application.
Please feel free to spread the word. We look forward to working with you to provide a memorable experience for you and our Special Olympics West Virginia Athletes.
Charleston, West Virginia
Special Olympics West Virginia is pleased to announce the 2015 State Bowling Championships will be held December 5-6 in the Charleston area. Athletes across the state are training now in preparation for the state championships. We are currently looking for volunteers to ensure a smooth and successful tournament for our athletes. No prior bowling knowledge is required. We would like to welcome individuals and groups to this fun event.
Several of our Special Olympics West Virginia athletes were on hand at Smoke Hole Resort to enthusiastically welcome the Dream Riders to West Virginia. The riders, who were participating in a week long journey from Florida to Connecticut in support of Special Olympics, traveled through and stayed overnight in our state for the first time. Our athletes had a wonderful meet and greet session with the riders, during which the riders presented all of the athletes with Dream Ride shirts and medals in celebration of the athletes accomplishments in Special Olympics. Dream Ride also made a donation in support of our athletes. It was a heartwarming and spirited occasion for all involved.
Dream Ride, which started as a small motorcycle ride and rally, has evolved into an event involving thousands of motorcycle and auto enthusiasts spanning into 12 states and raising millions of dollars for the Special Olympics movement.